How to...vaporize and not burn your herbs!
Dreamwood Vaporizer Systems:
Most Dreamwood vaporizers work with the same kind of heat diffusors except the Roasty and Glow Vaporizers.
The Roastys are a conduction system and the Glow Rebuildable Convection Vaporizers are working with battery power.
Butane powered convection heating vaporizers
This first "how to" accounts for all our butane powered convection heating vaporizers.
Punch (- Mini)
>>>Only use butane with near zero impurities!<<<
1. use a jetlighter, a standart hand sized one. no big kitchen torch please, the glass will probably melt!
set the flame to ca. 1cm full lenght, a little more or less is no problem.
2. find your preferred inhalation speed, a slow and steady draw speed you can keep up for ~5-15 seconds. (take smaller hits first to check how much vapor you could inhale without coughing.)
3. inhale through the vaporizers mouthpiece, ignite the jetlighter and move the flame tip slowly towards the middle of the heating tube, circulate the flame tip a little bit around in the heating tube to spread the heat and keep on inhaling.
you should notice that the air you inhale gets warmer the closer you get to (or in) the heating tube with the flame.
STOP inhaling and heating at this point to check if you already produced vapor by exhaling directly and not holding your breath!
4. if you exhale no vapor, stay with your preferred draw speed and move your jetlighter flame closer to (or a little bit with the tip of) the flame in the heating tube, till you notice to inhale warmer air.
STOP and check for vapor a second time!
>>> if no vapor is visible by exhaling try again and move the flame closer to the heating tube.<<<
5. if you have found the right way to use, >draw speed and flame position< its better to hold on your breath after each inhalation for about 5-10 seconds or more. If you do it this way you get sure to not waste your herb, get a stronger medical effect and reduce the amount of herb you use!
6. heat and vaporize your herbs till they are dry and change the colour to yellow-brown * this way most of the ingredients are vaporized and inhaled.
do not heat the herbs too long. the dryer the herbs are getting the easier it is to ignite them.
* sometimes its good to stir the herbs between inhalations, but this depends on the herbs used and how fine you have ground them etc..
7. clean the bowl as long as it is still warm and blow out all the herb particle to prevent clogging of the screen to fast.
Roasty Conduction Vaporizers
Glow Rebuildable Convection Vaporizers
Glow RCV 18 (V3)
Glow RCV DLX
We wish you very much fun with our vaporizers and hope we made your life a little bit better with them.
Stay healthy and green friends!